Are you curious about the meaning behind the name Keilani? This unique name has its roots in Hawaiian culture and is often associated with the beauty and serenity of the islands. In this article, we’ll explore the meaning of Keilani and its origins, as well as its popularity and variations.
Keilani is a name that is often associated with the heavens and the sky. Its meaning can be translated to “glorious chief” or “royal one,” making it a name fit for a queen. This name has been rising in popularity in recent years and is often chosen by parents who are looking for a unique and beautiful name for their daughter.
Keilani: An Overview
If you’re looking for a unique and beautiful name for your baby girl, you might want to consider Keilani. This name has been rising in popularity in some US states and has a Hawaiian origin, which makes it even more special.
Keilani is a feminine name that means “heaven,” “sky,” “glorious chief,” or “royal one” in Hawaiian. It’s a name that conjures up images of tropical islands and serene oceans, and it’s no wonder that it’s becoming more and more popular among parents who want to give their daughters a name that’s not only beautiful but also meaningful.
The name Keilani is a combination of two Hawaiian words, “ke” which means “the,” and “ilani” which means “heavenly” or “royal.” Therefore, the name Keilani can be translated to mean “the heavenly one” or “the heavenly chief.”
Keilani is a rare given name for women and also a rare surname for all people. It entered the list of top baby names in the US in 2007 and reached its peak position of #995 in the year 2018. Keilani is similar in pronunciation to Kailani, Kalana, Kalani, Kaloni, Keilana, and Kellina.
In Hawaiian culture, names hold significant meaning and symbolism, and Keilani is no exception. It’s a name that reflects the beauty and majesty of the islands and their people. If you’re looking for a name that’s unique, meaningful, and beautiful, Keilani might just be the perfect choice for your baby girl.
Popularity and Trend
If you’re considering the name Keilani for your baby girl, you might be interested in knowing its popularity and trend over the years. According to the search results, Keilani is a unique Hawaiian name that has been gaining popularity in recent years.
In 2018, Keilani ranked #632 in the US Top 1000 baby girl names. It’s worth noting that the name has been steadily rising in popularity since then, so it’s likely that it’s even more popular now.
The name Keilani has a rhythmic appeal that cannot be denied. It’s a once-unusual name that has become more popular in some US states, perhaps due to its similarity to both Leilani and Kayla. Its meaning, “heaven, sky, glorious chief,” adds to its allure and makes it a great choice for parents who want a unique and meaningful name for their baby girl.
In terms of trend, Keilani has been on an upward trajectory in recent years. It’s a name that’s becoming increasingly popular among parents who want to give their baby girl a unique and beautiful name. It’s also a name that’s associated with tropical islands and serene oceans, which adds to its charm and appeal.
Overall, if you’re looking for a name that’s unique, meaningful, and on-trend, Keilani might be the perfect choice for your baby girl. Its rising popularity and beautiful meaning make it a name that’s sure to stand out and make a lasting impression.
Variations and Similar Names
If you are considering naming your baby girl Keilani, you may be interested in exploring some of the variations and similar names that are available. Here are some options to consider:
- Keila: A Hebrew name that means “citadel”. It is pronounced “kay-lah”.
- Leilani: A Hawaiian name that means “heavenly flowers” or “royal child of heaven”. It is pronounced “lay-lah-nee”.
- Kalani: A Hawaiian name that means “the sky” or “the heavens”. It is pronounced “kah-lah-nee”.
- Alani: A Hawaiian name that means “orange tree”. It is pronounced “ah-lah-nee”.
- Kalan: A Hawaiian name that means “the sun”. It is pronounced “kah-lahn”.
- Kayla: A Hebrew name that means “laurel, crown”. It is pronounced “kay-lah”.
- Kehlani: A Hawaiian name that means “sea and sky”. It is pronounced “keh-lah-nee”.
- Kaloni: A Hawaiian name that means “the heavens”. It is pronounced “kah-loh-nee”.
- Kaylan: A Welsh name that means “slender”. It is pronounced “kay-lan”.
- Kalen: An Irish name that means “slender” or “fair”. It is pronounced “kay-lin”.
- Kailani: A Hawaiian name that means “sea and sky”. It is pronounced “kay-lah-nee”.
- Ailani: A Hawaiian name that means “chief” or “high chief”. It is pronounced “eye-lah-nee”.
- Kaila: A Hebrew name that means “crown of laurel”. It is pronounced “kay-lah”.
- Kailyn: An American name that is a combination of “Kayla” and “Lynn”. It is pronounced “kay-lin”.
- Keala: A Hawaiian name that means “the pathway”. It is pronounced “keh-ah-lah”.
- Kellan: An Irish name that means “slender”. It is pronounced “kel-lan”.
- Kellyn: An American name that means “warrior”. It is pronounced “kel-lin”.
- Ulani: A Hawaiian name that means “cheerful”. It is pronounced “oo-lah-nee”.
As you can see, there are many variations and similar names to Keilani that you may want to consider. Whether you are looking for a name that has a similar meaning or a similar sound, there are plenty of options to choose from.
It is worth noting that Keilani is currently ranked #632 in the US, according to Nameberry. However, popularity should not be the only factor in your decision. Ultimately, the most important thing is that you choose a name that you and your child will love for years to come.
If you’re considering the name Keilani for your baby girl, you may be interested to know about some notable namesakes who share the same name. Here are a few individuals who bear the name Keilani:
- Keilani Malia Asmus: Keilani Malia Asmus is an American model who has worked with several well-known brands, including Victoria’s Secret. She was born in Hawaii in 1993 and began modeling at a young age. Asmus has also worked as a television host and actress.
- Keilani Johanna Ricketts: Keilani Johanna Ricketts is a British athlete who competes in the javelin throw. She was born in 1997 and has represented Great Britain in several international competitions, including the Commonwealth Games and the European Championships.
- Keilani Moeaki Unga: Keilani Moeaki Unga is an American football player who currently plays as a linebacker for the San Francisco 49ers. She was born in Hawaii in 1993 and played college football at Brigham Young University.
- Keilani Bautista: Keilani Bautista is a popular social media influencer who is known for her beauty and fashion content. She has over 200,000 followers on Instagram and has worked with several well-known brands.
These individuals demonstrate the versatility of the name Keilani and show that it can be a great choice for a variety of professions and interests. Whether you’re looking for a name that is unique, rhythmic, and has Hawaiian roots, or simply love the sound of the name, Keilani is a great choice for your little girl.
Keilani in Media and Literature
Keilani is a name that has been used in various forms of media and literature. Here are some examples:
- Nature: There are no known references to the name Keilani in nature.
- Books: Keilani is the name of a character in the book “The Last Aloha” by Gaellen Quinn. The book tells the story of a young Hawaiian woman named Keilani who falls in love with a sailor from New England during the late 1800s. The name Keilani is also used in the book “Keilani’s Journey” by Suzanne Chazin, which is a children’s book about a young girl who discovers her Hawaiian heritage.
- TV: Keilani is not a commonly used name in TV shows. However, there was a character named Keilani in the TV series “Hawaii Five-O” who appeared in one episode.
- Movies: Keilani is not a commonly used name in movies. However, the name was used in the movie “Blue Crush” as the name of the main character’s younger sister.
- Celebrities: There are no well-known celebrities with the name Keilani.
- Work: Keilani is not a commonly used name in the workplace. However, there are some individuals with the name who work in various fields such as education, healthcare, and business.
Overall, while the name Keilani is not commonly used in media and literature, it has been used in a few notable works such as “The Last Aloha” and “Blue Crush”.
Numerology and Other Facts
If you’re interested in numerology, you’ll be pleased to know that Keilani has a personality number of 1, according to Babynology. This means that people with this name tend to have leadership qualities and are not afraid to explore new avenues. They are also known to be domineering and pushy, with a high level of self-esteem.
In addition to numerology, Keilani has some interesting nautical flag associations. The name is represented by the flag for the letter “K” and the flag for the letter “L” in the International Code of Signals. These flags are used to communicate between ships at sea, and each flag has a specific meaning. The flag for “K” means “I wish to communicate with you,” while the flag for “L” means “You should stop your vessel immediately.”
If you’re considering naming your child Keilani, it’s worth noting that the name is of Hawaiian origin and means “glorious chief.” It’s a beautiful name with a timeless and classic feel, and it’s no wonder that it’s embraced by many parents.
Finally, if you’re searching for more information on the name Keilani, you may be interested to know that it’s ranked 51,755th in popularity, according to Nameberry. This means that while it’s not a commonly used name, it’s also not entirely unheard of.